Monday, September 12, 2005

Blackout Schmackout

Hi Folks...

I flipped on Fox news and most Los Angeles is blacked out. HYSTERIA!

It's no big deal.

Lemme tell you what happened. I was at the Chevy dealership across the street from the Nickelodeon Studios in Burbank getting my car fixed. Nickelodeon is right next door the DWP, city of Burbank. Nickelodeon often gives tours to kids and had just brought a bunch in for a tapiong of something. The try and get them really riled up, screaming andyerlling and so forth.

Then I hear a different kind of scream, what sounded like 1000 machines screaming at the top of their lungs. The entire power plant shuddered and then every street light went out. I had friend from Warner Bros coming to pick me up ... Warner Brothers, Disney everyone's out of business for the day.

I was sent home to my place in Studio City, which while blacked out for an hour or so, has now returned to full power. I understand that Downtown LA is down, the freeways are filling up. My cell phone is out but, who cares.

I went back to my office which out, some people had been trapped in the elevator but they are now free. My office closed, now I am going for a swim and taking a nap!

Some idiots on the news have been comparing this to 9-11 and Katrina. This is, of course, ridiculous.

No comments: