Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Two women facing their own mor-tail-ity.


I stumbled across this My Space Blog. You may need a password, so email me at crackpot@crackpotpress.com if you need one. My time is limited these days so I will get back to you when I can.

I think it's supposed to be a celebration of life type thing.

Now as someone who is beyond their club hopping years, their honky tonking and tomkatting years (occasionaly I pretend I am still hip... and end up in bed before 10:45) these two hit me as an interesting photo essay of the tragedy of the "fabulous" single woman.

These are two attractive women, who can't find a man in an LA bar. At least one who will dance with them and have their picture taken. They look great. Obviously their choice of beverage (Long Island Iced Tea in a quart bottle) and locale (the Saddle Ranch on Sunset) show a certain immorality that all men drinking at the Saddle Ranch could appreciate from women dressed in Sunset Savoir Faire. LA is no place to be 23. The next ten years go very fast.

So why are these Sherman Oakers alone?

Must be the Sherman Oaks part.

No comments: